nit34byte

Chocolate CEO
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 20, 2021
localhost
www.lynxcollective.ltd
ChocoHax 1.8.1 Update

In this update, no new features have been added, but some existing functions have been improved. The ChocoHax configuration system has been updated since many users were still experiencing difficulties setting up and using our anticheat.

Starting from version 1.8.1, the configuration can be made at the following link:
Configuration Page
At the top of the page, you can choose from pre-existing configurations created by us or the community, or you can create your own customized configuration. (Basic configurations can create false positives or be less effective, so we recommend creating your own configuration.)
You will also have four buttons:

Reset: Resets the configuration to default settings (ChocoHax won't start without a configuration).
Upload: You can import configurations from external sources (retro compatible with some versions, double-check before saving the config).
Download: Downloads a backup of your configuration.
Apply: Saves and applies the configuration, immediately available upon the next server or resource restart.
1679911552078.png

In the config, you will find some new functions, and some that remain unchanged.

There is always some disagreement when it comes to Anti-Resource Restart...
Let's clarify: Restarting resources on a live server while ChocoHax is active and there are players is probably the dumbest thing you can do, and not just because I say so.
Therefore, I have implemented a system that blocks ChocoHax if the developer of your server has the brilliant idea of doing it.
To re-enable ChocoHax, simply use the command lynx enable or restart the resource.

Backdoors.
The backdoor scanner has been updated, but the scanner will soon be completely removed.
Server owners who are infected with these stupid scripts are always the same people who buy gamemodes, download cracked/leaked scripts, and have no idea how to verify the authenticity of the seller.
If you want a secure server, don't use scripts provided by "pinco pallino" and "micky mouse."

CGB
Soon, a Global Bans API system will be available for verified users.
It will be possible to verify if a user has been previously banned on other servers and why.
Sensitive user information will not be provided, and only staff will have the ability to update global bans.

Discord BOT
I asked a couple of people this question, and each gave me a different answer.
Having a Discord BOT to download, verify license status, and perform other functions could be useful...
Many define it as a waste of time (maybe even me).
I'll think about it; it doesn't seem like a priority.

• Internal Permissions has been updated, now working with different identifiers mixed together.
  • Removed some file logs due to performance impact in some situations
  • Chat > Block links, Block IPs, Block XSS and Block Caps has been added (from the BETA) + you can get a complete chat log 1679910320815.png
  • Events > Added Logged Events List causing a simple WARN log when executing/triggering events in that list. 1679910342216.png
  • Explosions, FXParticles, Entities > New detection methods 1679910354442.png1679910362770.png1679910375317.png
  • Login > Added MaintenanceMode/Password , Block IPs and moved whitelisted global bans into the config. 1679910280820.png
  • EDIT: Login > Anti VPN checks and Steam trust factor checks now are going to kick the player upon connection if doesn't meet the requirements.

How to install/update to this version
  • Download the update from here: Download
  • Configure ChocoHax from here: Configuration and click on the green button "Apply"
  • Start your server and double check everything.

Q&A
  • Can i use local bans from older versions on this update? Yes, you can, 1.6.1, 1.6.1.2 and 1.8.0 bans are compatible
  • Can i use my old config on this update? Yes and no. Upload it here: config and double check everything
  • Do i need to install this update? No, it's optional, but it's recommended to update to keep your server safe and secure.
  • Does it auto-update? No, ChocoHax will never auto-update
  • This feature "feature_name" is giving me false positives... why? Because your server is NOT compatible with such feature, you should disable it or remove/fix what's conflicting with it.
  • My menu still doesn't want to open when i press INSERT. Check your permissions settings.
  • Spectate doesn't work, or only works sometimes? OneSync Infinity can be a problem sometimes, before spectating teleport near the user.
  • Is it possible for me to run multiple instances of ChocoHax or utilize more than one anticheat on my server? It's important to note that due to the new automatic ban on authentication, running multiple instances of ChocoHax or using anticheats with inadequate security measures may result in a permanent ban and the revocation of your subscription.
Staff will refuse to assist users who have lost access to their accounts due to malicious scripts or "trusted" developers.
We have repeatedly emphasized the importance of enabling 2FA and avoiding certain actions.
We are compelled to take action to protect our platform and the accounts of our users.
Please take the necessary steps to secure your account and prevent any unauthorized access.

Last edited: